The Miller's House Tea Room is Open every weekend when the mill is open Spring & Summer Opening 2017
Every Saturday & Sunday 12 noon - 5pm
Bank Holiday Mondays 12 noon - 5pm
The Miller's House tea room serves cakes, snacks & light refreshments when the windmill is open. All produce is made using locally sourced produce and cakes are made on site using our own stone-ground Heckington Windmill flours. Now fully refurbished with seating giving views across to the windmill. Two rooms in the house have been transformed into an Edwardian Miller's Parlour and a 1930's Miller's Study, providing authentic additional space for visitors to enjoy our refreshments. These rooms have been recreated using original furnishings and provide an insight into how they would have looked when the miller and his family lived on site.
The original Mill House was built in 1891 for John Pocklington and his family when they first came to Heckington. The bricks used to build the mill house originally came from the tower at Boston that provided the 8 sails for Heckington.